Thursday, April 7, 2016

I scream, you scream, we all scream for... cupcakes!

When I crave cupcakes, I usually crave them without the paper wrapper around them.... my favorite cupcakes comes in an ice cream cake cone!  So so so easy to do!  And there's no paper to throw away.   While kids love them like this, I find that adults do too!
Start with the regular cake cones.  They actually sell these cones in colors (pink, blue, and purple).
Fill the cones two-thirds of the way full with cake batter.  Some ice cream cone companies offer special holders that you can order (look on the side of the box for order form!) that allow you to stand the cones up in the oven without them falling over, but I've found that using my cupcake pan that makes mini (bite size) cupcakes works just as well.  While you DO have to be a little gentle about putting them in the oven so they won't fall over, they are actually surprisingly stable in the cake pan and won't fall over as long as you are reasonably calm putting them in!
Bake at the same temperature you would bake your standard cupcakes.  I baked mine in a convection oven so my cupcakes were baked at 325 degrees.  They took about 16 minutes.  Keep a watch on them starting around 12 or 13 minutes and use a cake tester, baking until the tester comes out clean.
Once cooled, you can ice them any way you like them!  The cake cone is a little chewy....not crisp like they are when you use them with ice cream...but the chewiness is the best part!

The hardest part is in transportation.  If you need to take these to an event, you can get a pizza box and cut holes out in the lid....slipping them inside the holes... or you can do what I do....take clear plastic cups and put them in a big foil roaster pan (get this at the dollar store!) and slip a cupcake cone into each cup.  

Cupcake cones are a great way to enjoy a cupcake without the mess of peeling off the paper.  Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment