Thursday, April 7, 2016

It's all about the garnish...





We make so many different flavors of cheesecake at The Point, but my favorite part of serving them is doing the garnish.  The picture above is the Butterfingers cheesecake.  It has a rosette of buttercream with pieces of mini Butterfingers on it, drizzled in melted chocolate.  Earlier today I had to cut up and plate the Reese Cup cheesecake.  Here's how I chose to garnish it....
First I used vanilla buttercream with a large round tip and piped a "W" at the wide end of the slice of cheesecake.
Next I filled a bag with chocolate buttercream and the Wilton 1M tip.  This is the standard cupcake swirl icing tip.  I piped a big drop star on half of the vanilla buttercream "W."
Then I piped a second drop star next to the first one.
And the finishing touch....a mini Reese Cup nestled into the chocolate buttercream.

Can you say YUM?  

It really is all about the garnish!




No comments:

Post a Comment