Friday, May 6, 2016

A MUST have product.....a secret to cake perfection....


One of my BIG big MUST HAVES in the kitchen is a HUGE roll of plastic wrap.  You want to know a secret?  When my cake comes out of the oven, I do NOT leave it in the pan.  I IMMEDIATELY get it out of the pan and wrap it up in plastic wrap.  As you start wrapping it, the heat from the cake makes the plastic wrap shrink right up onto the cake.  While it cools, the moisture stays trapped inside.  Basically the cake is "sweating" inside the plastic and the sweat is going right back into the cake.  Makes it SOOOOOO MOIST.  So many of you have commented on how moist my cake is.  This is one of the reasons.  Of course, the ingredients help too, but this little method definitely takes it on over the edge to cake perfection!  I always bake my cake the day before I want to decorate it and allow it to hang out in the wrap overnight.  Now you know.... BJ's.... Sam's Club... Costco....  they can hook you up with a giant roll just like mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment