Thursday, May 12, 2016

Add a little pudding....

When I bake a cake, I do use a box mix, BUT I do not follow the recipe on the box.  I recently shared my cake recipe on Facebook.  I start with the mix but I add a small box of INSTANT pudding mix, a stick of melted butter, a cup of whole milk, a half a can of sweetened condensed milk, and four eggs.  If I'm making chocolate cake, I add an extra 1/4 cup of milk because it needs more liquid.  I found the strawberry cake needed extra liquid last week too.

When you choose your pudding flavor, you can ALWAYS use vanilla.  Vanilla will work well with ANY flavor.  I like to match the pudding to the cake flavor, though.  As pictured above, for last week's wedding cake, I used French vanilla for the vanilla cake, chocolate for the chocolate cake, and strawberry cream pudding for the strawberry cake.  I didn't even KNOW until last week that they made strawberry cream pudding.

The pudding is just one more thing that makes the cake so moist!  

No comments:

Post a Comment